The Group Leader Committee (GLC) is an advisory board and equal partner for the MC to make decisions on any issues related to PIs in order to form a creative, stimulating and inclusive work community conducting impactful science at an internationally competitive level.
The GLC constitutes a voluntary team of VIB group leaders (GLs) from each of the VIB Centers and a representative of the VIB Core Facilities that acts as a solution-driven think-tank and communication hub between GLs and VIB-HQ/MC, working proactively and responsibly on GL-related opportunities and challenges at VIB.
The Group Leader Committee currently consists of the following members:
- Gabriele Bergers (chair), VIB-KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology
- Bert De Rybel (co-chair), (VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology
- Roosmarijn Vandenbroucke, VIB-UGent Center for Inflammation Research
- Jan Michiels, VIB-KU Leuven Center for Microbiology
- Pierre Vanderhaeghen, VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research
- Rouslan Efremov, VIB-VUB Center for Structural Biology
- Sven Eyckerman, VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology
- Gert Van Isterdael, VIB Flow Core Ghent
- Karl Farrow, NERF, VIB-imec-KU Leuven