Team Leader & Staff Scientist
- Full Professor at Vrije Universiteit Brussel, since 2020
- Associate Professor at Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 2016-2019
- Assistant Professor at Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 2012-2016
- VIB Staff Scientist, since 2007
- Postdoc: Max Planck Institute for Molecular Physiology, Dortmund-Germany, 2007-2008
- Postdoc: VIB – Vrije Universiteit Brussel (FWO fellow), 2003-2012
- PhD: Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, 2002
- Structural Enzymology
- Structural Neurology
- GTPases and signaling networks
In the Versées group we strive to acquire detailed structural and mechanistic insights in enzyme complexes and signal transduction pathways implicated in human disease. Enzymes play a central role in all metabolic and cellular pathways. The Versées lab therefore focuses on the elucidation of the mechanisms that underlie the tremendous catalytic power and regulation of enzymes and enzyme complexes.
To showcase the world-class scientific research of the Wim Versées Lab, you can discover their scientific papers in more detail.
To stay up to date in rapidly developing fields, scientists regularly interact with (international) colleagues. Conferences and other (scientific) events are an excellent way to facilitate such a continent-spanning knowledge exchange.
We offer a collaborative environment, at the interface of computational and experimental structural biology, and protein biophysics. Meet the team members who contribute our interdisciplinary research.
We are always on the lookout for highly motivated colleagues to join our team. If you are interested, please contact us or apply for the job(s) below.