As newer technology produces an ever increasing volume of biological data, without bioinformatics know-how, valuable insights may remain undiscovered, hidden in a pile of data. We are convinced many golden needles are buried there.
In order to respond to the increasing importance of bioinformatics in biotechnology research, VIB set up the VIB Bioinformatics Core. The goals of our core are:
- to provide training and e-learning resources in bioinformatics tools, programming, statistics, NGS, omics and single cell data analysis
- to distribute scientific software for use across VIB;
- to provide bioimage informatics services in collaboration with VIB Bioimaging Core;
- to contribute in software development of bioinformatics applications;
- to provide bioinformatics services as well as single and multi-omics data analysis projects to VIB researchers;
- to foster the Bioinformatics @ VIB community.
To showcase the world-class scientific research of the VIB Bioinformatics Core, you can discover their scientific papers in more detail.
We are always on the lookout for highly motivated colleagues to join our team. If you are interested to work in this lab please contact us.
The VIB Bioinformatics Core can only thrive thanks to the dedication and commitment of its people, no matter what their function or seniority.
To stay up to date in rapidly developing fields, scientists regularly interact with (international) colleagues. Conferences and other (scientific) events are an excellent way to facilitate such a continent-spanning knowledge exchange.